Monday 24 January 2011

My new venture

I have been blogging for some time about my allotment (here http://plotblog-lilymarlene.blogspot.com/) but as I have almost given that up entirely (except for digging up the raspberry bushes, the gooseberry, and the last of the spuds) and the title is inappropriate for just my kitchen garden antics, I have decided to start a new blog for the "new" venture here at home.
I have been much inspired this last year by Alys Fowler's TV series and book called "The Edible Garden" so I have pinched that name for my blog. It will just be about my kitchen garden here at home, and the other parts of the garden which I am endeavouring to make more productive....with edibles mixed in rather than just flowers. Alys mixes flowers, fruit and vegetables to create a beautiful garden....I will be trying to do that too.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with new project Lily M... I've given up on my own blog at the moment, but am looking to move house soon, so hopefully a new garden or allotment in due course.

    Best
    Greenmantle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading about your garden and mixed planting. I too love mixing edibles and ornamentals.
    Alys Fowler's series on tv was great - very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed you over to this plot:) Not sure why my photo don't come up though...oh well.Look forward to reading about your future gardening posts.

    ReplyDelete