Friday 24 February 2012

Back to it!

After a very bad time with my back I am feeling a bit more as though I can cope with the kitchen garden again. It has been a long time since I did any real work outside, and although they do say that beds should not be left bare in winter I was ashamed of the state of it.
So as yesterday was promising to be warm I got out there, with my back support on(!), and got on with it. Here is the before picture......
 

And here is the after picture....
 

Rather than move the bean arbour I am going to put them in the same place again this year as it is supposed to be possible to grow runners indefinitely in one spot. I shall put a good load of home-made compost into the middle strip of each bed to make sure they can have their roots in a wet place as they need.

I also cleared up the asparagus bed near the tunnel,and did a bit of tidying in the tunnel.

Lots left to do......but I am glad to have made a start!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment