Saturday 29 January 2011

Fruit bushes

I was going to dig up the raspberry canes and the gooseberry bush from the plot, but T&M were offering free postage this weekend so I succumbed to some new ones instead! I have also ordered a John Downey Crab Apple for the front garden. I hunted for one all over the island but given up. This is easier!

Now to prepare all the planting places for them.

So, as I have done all I need to do there, I sent off the e-mail relinquishing my allotment.....with a heavy heavy heart. I know it is the right thing to do as I wasn't keeping it properly, the waiting list is sooooo long, and I really do have enough space and enough work to do here........but I have had such a wonderful 5years on two different plots there that it is a sad day for me. I shall miss it.....!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new blog! I will be following you here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saying goodbye to my old allotment this weekend as well, but moving onto a new one. It is quite emotional isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My other half and I thought about moving a few months back - all I could think of was how awful it'd be to give up the allotment!

    Is that your garden at the top of this page? It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is our back plot....thanks! That was how it looked last summer.

    Giving up my allotment was a real real wrench. I will go and look at it when the new folks take it over and mourn!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you'd be better staying away from your old plot - just in case what the new people do isn't what you would wish for.

    We have a John Downie which produces a mass of cra apples.

    ReplyDelete